We recently teamed up with an incredible makeup artist Daniela Cintron Philips to showcase some amazing bridal makeup looks! With the help of our lovely models Kristina, Evie & Catherine, we wanted to inspire future brides to take a risk and rock a bold red lip. It feels so festive and glamorous especially for Winter Weddings. Danni paired the red lip with a natural glowy base to keep the look soft and romantic which is perfect for Bridal makeup!
Here Danni talks about how to rock the perfect red lip on your big day!
A few tips and tricks I like to keep in mind when creating a look with a bold lip color choice such as red:
- There are different shades of red to try, so don’t be afraid to try different shades of red I promise you there is a shade for you
- When applying any lipstick weather matte, satin, gloss or demi matte make sure you scrub your lips prior to use. This allows the lipstick to go on smooth, get rid of any dead skin and last longer as well as look cleaner.
- Apply balm prior to putting on lipstick and after scrubbing so your lips can be moisturized, continue to do your daily routine, and then right before you apply your lipstick wipe off the balm. Keeping the balm on can sometimes make it more difficult to apply an even amount of lipstick.
- After you have apply the lipsticks, I like to go in with a piece of paper or paper towel and blot it a little so none smudges!
Types of brushes
So whenever I am putting on lipsticks especially liquid lipsticks, i want it to look clean with no smudges. Here are a few tools you could use to get this:
Applicator that comes with the lipstick
- Thick eyeliner brush
- Lip liner
- Lip brush
- Any art brush that has thin pencil like want with soft bristles at the end
- Tarte Liquid lipsticks (Ulta, Sephora)
- Milani Lipsticks (Walmart)
- Kat von D ( Ulta , Sephora)
- Maybelline lipsticks ( Walmart, Ulta)
- NYX Butter gloss and lipsticks (Walmart, Ulta)
If you would like to schedule a session with Danni, you can find her on Facebook and Instagram. She is truly an incredible artist and so great to work with!